Chapter One: SAKU


Genre(s): Drama/Romance/Family/Friendship
Author: SAKU ♥


Chapter One

“Why do you ask, Kaoru? I’m really tired, boys. I had a tough day earlier. Please go to bed”, Sakura murmured softly. She pulled the covers more until her ears, sleeping by her side and placing her left arm out to the twins.

“Ok. Goodnight, mom”, both chorused with a tint of disappointment in their tone.

“Goodnight you two”, Sakura replied softly. She bit her lower lips. How long was she going to avoid the question? Were the twins old enough to know the truth? All she had given about their father was that he left them a very long time ago.

She didn’t want to think too much of it and drifted off to sleep. For tomorrow will be a very busy day, she thought.

XOXO

She arrived in her baby blue gown which was long enough to cover her tanned legs and high heels. Her hair was left untied, just below her chest. She had her mask covering half of her face. Slowly and steadily, she descended down the stairs and went over to where the punches were. She felt intimidated by the ballroom and the people dancing down at the floor. She tried to smile but couldn’t; thinking about her company’s fate.

She had to find a way somehow to manage the company’s finance or not it would close down and all her father’s precious hard work were gone to waste. She didn’t want that to happen of course.

She felt a light tap by her left shoulder. She turned to see a man with a black mask covering half his face. His lips curved to a smile. He took her empty hand and brought her to the dance floor.

“You need a dance. Lighten up, will you?” he smiled again. She was dumbfounded by his reaction but obeyed anyway.

He danced wonderfully. He led her with such graceful steps. She had to admit, from the way he danced, he must be a very important man. She looked up to his eyes. He had such amazing amber coloured eyes. His grasp was steady as he pulled her even further towards him.

“W-who are you?” she asked bravely.

“I thought we weren’t supposed to tell our identity once the party’s over”, he gazed down at her emeralds.

“Oh, I forgot”, she blushed immediately.

“You have really nice eyes”, he commented. “I like it.”

“You have nice eyes as well”, she repeated hoping it didn’t sound stupid.

He chuckled, “Really? And I thought people despise me because of my eyes. Aren’t you scared?”

“Why should I? I mean, you look like a nice person to me”, she blurted honestly earning him another chuckle.

“I see. You’re an interesting woman”, he let go off of her hands and bowed. “I must leave. I must say, I enjoyed dancing with you. The other women were older than me. It’s nice to see someone around my age.”

“Is that supposed to be a compliment?” She cocked one eyebrow.

“Maybe.”

“I see.”

He left her standing in the middle of the ballroom. She stared at his back until he disappeared in to the crowd. What an unusual man, she thought. Two men in black suit approached her. They signalled her to come with them. She didn’t object their command and followed them to a dark corridor by the stairs.

 “You owe us a huge sum of money, Furukawa-san. When will you be able to pay your debt”, asked one of the men.

“I-I will. Please give me some more time. I promise to pay you”, she stuttered, sinking down into her own dress.

“That’s what they all say. You know your family and friends are on the line. If you don’t pay, their lives will be dead.”

“Please, don’t harm them!” she begged, warm tears streaming down her face.

“I told you. The boss wants it now—”

“How much does she owes you?” the voice came out suddenly from the corridors end. He walked until his face was clearly seen. Sakura blinked her eyes. It was the man earlier who danced with her.

He took off his mask, revealing a very handsome face, dark chestnut colored hair and those mesmerizing amber eyes. It was probably her most favourite feature of him. The two men turned their heads to see the man. They began to tremble knowing who the man was.

“How much she owes you?” he repeated.

“Half a billion.”

The man took out his cheque book from his pocket and scribbled something onto it. He tore it, handing it to the two men, “I think it’s more than enough.”

“T-this-is—”

“Your queue now is to leave.”

Both of them disappeared from the man and Sakura’s sight. Sakura sunk down to her knees. Now, she was in debt to this guy. The endless rotation that she might not break through continued even more. Fresh warm tears streamed down her cheeks. The man kneeled down at eye level. He placed a hand beside her and leaned closer to her. His warm breaths tickled her until their lips met. He had planted a kiss on her soft lips.

She pushed him away from her, “I-I—thanks for helping me.”

He smiled, “You needed help. That’s from what I’ve been observing you from the dance earlier.”

“You knew?” she stared at him now, “I pay you as soon as I can—”

“I don’t need you to repay it. You have something what I want.”

“What is it that you want? I—I’ll do anything!” she said in eagerness.

“Produce me an heir.”

XOXO

“Mom, wake up!” Kaoru shook her mother wildly.

“I’m up! I’m up!” Sakura rubbed her eyes. The dream, she didn’t expect that to happen. She was trying to forget everything in the past. Why was he there? Her brows needed together, was it a sign? But it couldn’t be, he was long gone with her.

She noticed her other son was missing, “Where’s Hikaru?”

“Kaoru! Help me with this!” complained Hikaru from the door. He had a tray of breakfast in his hand. Kaoru jumped off the bed and helped his brother by taking the other side of the tray.

Sakura chuckled, “you two sure know how to make a mother happy.”

The twins placed the tray onto the table near the sofas. Both of them rushed towards their mother and ushered her to come and eat. She smiled at the pair, slipping in to her slippers. She glanced at the tray where there were a bowl of cereal, a plate of sandwiches, a carton of milk and an empty glass.

“Did you guys made all this?” Sakura was in awe.

“Yup”, both nodded together.

“Let’s see how it tastes”, Sakura began picking up one of the sandwich.

She sensed the pair watching her as she ate. Smiling at them, she gave each of them a sandwiches and their mouth curved into a wide smile.

XOXO

1 comments:

IssMee said...

i like this guy's character. very mysterious. and COOL!!
'produce me an heir'?? seriously?? this guy is so...impossible.. i mean.. that was soo.. too.. straightforward..
aww~~ the twins were so sweet..

*sulking at the corner of the room* thank you for the make-me-jealous fic *bow*

Post a Comment

Back to Top